Terms and Conditions for the Use of This Website
This website is operated and managed by Mitsui Bussan Packaging Co., Ltd. ("MPC").
Before using this website, please read the following terms and conditions carefully and use this website only if you agree to these terms and conditions. Please be advised that your accessing this website constitutes your full acceptance of all terms and conditions of use stipulated herein.
MPC may change the terms and conditions for the use of this website as needed. Please confirm the details of such terms and conditions each time you access this website.
- Copyright and trademark
- All content, information, designs, layouts, logos, trademarks, and other intellectual property contained in this website are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights held by MPC or by other parties that have granted MPC to make use of them. By accessing this website, all users agree to make use of its content in a manner that does not infringe such rights.
- Operation of the website
- The MPC may change or delete the information contained on this website at any time. In addition, the MPC may, when deemed necessary, interrupt or suspend the operation of this website. MPC is under no obligation to revise the content of this website nor to ensure that the information on this website is always accurate.
- Links from other websites
- Contact our office (03-6229-6300) for making links to this website.
- Linked site
- MPC makes no guarantee whatsoever regarding the content of the websites that are linked by this website or the websites of other entities containing links to this website (collectively the "Linked Sites") because such entities who operate such websites are responsible for the operation of the Linked Sites. Moreover, when making use of the Linked Sites, it is necessary for you to agree with and abide by the terms and conditions of the use of those sites.
- MPC MAKES NO GUARANTEES OR REPRESENTATIONS WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING THE CREDIBILITY OF CONTENT, ACCURACY, SAFETY (INCLUDING THE ABSENCE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CONTENT IN THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THEREOF), OR THE ABSENCE OF INFRINGEMENT OF RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. ALL USERS ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND THAT MAY ARISE FROM ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE.
- Information on future performance
- MPC may present information on this website regarding its future business activities and performance and those of its affiliated companies. Such information is only a forecast at the time of disclosure and may be subject to change due to a wide range of factors. In addition, such information is not presented with the intention of recommending specific investments to the users of this website. Accordingly, when you make any investments, MPC requests that you do not put reliance solely on the information presented on this website.
- Indemnification of MPC
MPC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGES (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER WHATSOEVER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT BY NO MEANS LIMITED TO:
- DAMAGES ARISING DUE TO CHANGES TO OR REMOVAL OF INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE OR ANY ASPECT OF THE MANAGEMENT OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING INTERRUPTION OR SUSPENSION OF OPERATIONS
- DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE
- DAMAGES ARISING FROM INACCURATE CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE OR TYPING ERRORS
- DAMAGES TO SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE THAT OCCUR WHEN DOWNLOADING FROM THIS WEBSITE, ANY INCONVENIENCE ARISING FROM USE OF THIS WEBSITE, PROBLEMS WITH COMPUTER VIRUSES, ANY LOSS OR IMPAIRMENT OF DATA, OR SIMILAR PROBLEMS
- Governing law and court of jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan. The Tokyo District Court shall be the court of the first instance having exclusive jurisdiction over any legal proceedings arising in connection with this website and these Terms and Conditions.
MPC recognizes that the protection of personal information is an important social responsibility. MPC has established the following personal information protection guidelines for handling, controlling and maintaining personal information and will endeavor to maintain appropriate management of such information.
Personal Information Protection Guidelines
- Collection, use, and provision of personal information
- In collecting, using, and providing personal information, we recognize the importance of protecting personal information and will appropriately handle such information.
- Implementation of safety measures
- We strive to maintain an optimum system for stringently controlling personal information, and by implementing reasonable safety control measures, we have established thorough preventative measures and corrective policies against unauthorized access to personal information and loss, destruction, tamper, and leakage of personal information.
- Continual improvement
- We formulate, implement, and maintain programs for the protection of personal information, and periodically review and continually improve them.
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- We will comply with laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information, as well as other such standards in handling personal information.
June 29th, 2017
President and Chief Executive Officer
Mitsui Bussan Packaging Co., Ltd.
Handling of Personal Informations
- Purpose of using personal information
We will use the personal information provided to MPC, either in whole or in part, for the following purposes:
- To provide services that users have registered or requested for (including notifications and greetings based on social customs and communication with parties necessary for providing said services)
- To deliver products ordered or applied for by users
- To notify exhibitions, seminars, and other events
- To report the results of surveys, events, and other activities in which users have participated
- To provide services using direct mail, email, fax, and similar means of communication
- To decide whether or not to hire applicants for job solicitation, to notify results, and to prepare for their employment after applicants’ acceptance of the job offer
- To use for other purposes related to or associated with the above activities
- Provision of personal information
- We will not disclose or supply personal information provided by customers to third parties without the prior consent of the customer concerned or expect as required by laws and regulations.
- Entrustment of personal information
- To fulfill the purposes of use specified in 1.above, we may entrust the personal information of customers to our subcontractors. When entrusting the personal information of customers with our subcontractors, we will select the appropriate subcontractors and will take appropriate measures to supervise them to ensure that the personal information entrusted to our subcontractors is managed securely, by clearly defining the contractual obligations and responsibilities of the subcontractor.
- Shared use of personal information
Where necessary, we may share personal information obtained from customers as follows.
Items of personal information shared Company name, organizational unit, and position within the company, customer’s name, address, telephone number, and email address Scope of shared use Mitsui Bussan Packaging Co., Ltd., Mitsui & Co. Ltd. and its affiliated companies listed in Mitsui & Co. Ltd.’s annual securities reports Purpose of shared use To provide customers with beneficial and appropriate services relating to MPC’s business activities Party responsible for management of personal data Mitsui Bussan Packaging Co., Ltd.
- Handling of personal information associated with external links
- The website MPC operates may contain external website links. We assume no responsibility whatsoever for the manner in which personal information is handled or managed by such external links, and for the content of personal information thereof. Please forward any questions concerning such external links directly to the linked website.
- Acquisition of access history
We may acquire a history of your access to our website for the purpose of making statistics and doing analysis relating to the use of the site by customers.
The information we obtain through the acquisition of access histories will not allow us to identify personal information.
- Measures to prevent illegal access by third parties
- We will endeavor to ensure security on the websites we operate through SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption of personal information or similar security measures in order to prevent the illegal access by third parties to the personal information provided by customers during data transmission.
- Handling of personal information in relation to individual products, services, and business
- We may set forth individual policies for handling personal information (such as the purpose of use, provision of information to third parties, and user contact information) by our product, service, and business. In such case, when said individual policy differs from that stipulated in “Handling of Personal Information” or other special policies, the aforementioned individual policy relating to the handling of personal information set forth for related individual products, services, or business will take precedence.
- Disclosure, correction and discontinuation of use of registered information
Unless there is a special reason for not doing so, we will respond promptly to a request by a customer to disclose, correct, discontinue use of or delete the personal information of that customer, or to discontinue disclosure or provision of that information to a third party, or a similar request, after confirming that the request is from the customer concerned.
For details of the procedure, please see “Personal Information Inquiry Desk and Procedure” below.
Personal Information Inquiry Desk and Procedure
Please send inquiries by postal mail.
For details of the procedure, please see “Inquiry Desk and Procedure” below.
Mitsui Bussan Packaging, Co., Ltd.
Personal Information Protection Office
7 Fl., Sumitomo Seimei Akasaka Building, 3-3-3 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052
|If you wish to request an action such as disclosure, amendment, or deletion of personal information, first please send us the following information by postcard or letter||・Your name and the address to which we should send a “Request for Disclosure, etc.” form
・A simple written request asking us to send a “Request for Disclosure, etc.” form
|Address to send the postcard or letter||・Please address to the Inquiry Desk shown above.|
Please note that for us to send you a “Request for Disclosure, etc.” form properly, you must contact us by postcard or letter.
Upon receipt of your request, we will send you a “Request for Disclosure, etc.” form and “Explanatory notes.”
Please fill in the “Request for Disclosure, etc.” form, enclose it in an envelope together with your “personal identification documents” as specified in the “Explanatory notes,” and send it by postal mail to the Inquiry Desk shown above.
We will reply to you by postal mail after checking the details of your request.
Please note that you may be charged a fee depending on the nature of your request.If a request for disclosure, etc. is made through a representative, please enclose a power of attorney signed by the principal in accordance with the instructions in the “Explanatory notes.”